Narrator: Kim Bretton
Length: 7 hours 57 minutes
Publisher: Harvey Books, LLC⎮2020
Series: AJ Bailey Adventure Series, Book One
Release date: Aug. 13, 2020
As a young girl in England she was captivated by a story her Navy veteran grandfather told. Now, as she's closer than ever to discovering the long-lost submarine from the story, a wealthy Argentinian arrives; a treasure hunter who’ll stop at nothing to steal the prize.
Can AJ find the wreck in time?
Or will the Argentinian hunter and his ruthless crew beat her to it?
It's a race against time at treacherous depths to uncover the real secret of the lost submarine.
See all the books in the
AJ Bailey Adventure Series
Raised in England, working in America and heading for Grand Cayman. That encapsulates Nicholas Harvey's career that's been dominated by motorsports from an early age as a driver, then race engineer, to senior manager at the top level of motor racing in the States. Poised in the background has been a second career in writing that flourished into his debut novel, Twelve Mile Bank, the first of the AJ Bailey adventure series which combines a passion for diving, an obsession with military history and a love of the Cayman Islands.
Nick and his wife Cheryl can be found touring the world in search of adventure on motorcycles, mountains and dive boats.
A Note from the Author
- Dolphin Island, Arthur C Clarke - Novel - My favourite book as a young boy and I reread it every ten years or so.
- Jonathan Livingston Seagull, Richard Bach - Novel - An inspiring book I fell in love with in my late teens.
- Into Thin Air, Jon Krakauer - Nonfiction - Believe it or not the story of this disaster helped inspire my desire to climb mountains.
- The Book Thief, Markus Zusak - Novel - Who didn’t love this book? Believe it or not, when I first started it I put it down after a chapter or two and didn’t pick it up again for a year. When I did, I couldn’t put it down! Good lesson in how your frame of mind affects your taste.
- Shadow Divers, Robert Kurson - Nonfiction - I was already a diver when I read this and it blew me away. One of the pickles they got into influenced a scene in TMB.
- Wing Leader, Johnnie Johnson - Biography - I’m not big on heroes as we’re all human and placing people on pedestals tends to cause them to fall off at some point. But this guy was the real deal.
- Art of Racing in the Rain, Garth Stein - A great story told in a unique way. I could have put a bunch of racing biographies in this list but settled on this novel to represent my former career - although it has little to do with racing cars!
- Skinny Dip, Carl Hiaasen - Novel - Any of Hiaasen’s books are a wonderful escape filled with brilliant humour.
- The Few, Alex Kershaw - Non-Fiction - Fuelled my passion for the amazing feats performed in the Battle of Britain.
- She's Come Undone, Wally Lamb - Novel - I was deeply moved by this book. I didn’t like his follow-up at all!
- Run Silent, Run Deep, Edward L. Beach - Novel - A great story based on Beach’s own experiences in the submarines. Needless to say I’m a bit obsessed with WW2 diesel subs!
- Push, Tommy Caldwell - Autobiography - An inspiring story so well told. You don’t have to be a climber to enjoy this book.
Kim is an accomplished and award winning actress and director with West End/Broadway theatre credits. Kim has narrated over 35 audiobooks and counting. She is also an in demand voice over talent in the commercial and corporate arena and owns her own class A recording studio in Nashville. Kim is from the UK but has lived in NYC, L.A. and now Nashville TN. She continues to work in Theatre, Film and TV as an actress and a director alongside narrating audiobooks and commercial voice overs.